Douglas P. Kent is an experienced software engineer and web site developer, specializing in full-stack development of enterprise-scale websites using state-of-the-art technologies and architectures, including single page applications and service-oriented architectures using .NET Core/C#, Aurelia/Typescript and SQL Server.
Doug has two masters degrees, from Duke University, specializing in risk assessment and decision analysis.
He has dual citizenship in the U.S. and Canada and holds a British passport.
His experience may be summarized as follows:
- years of professional employment
- years in software engineering
- years of web development at Fortune #4 (Ford.com) and other companies.
- years of Service-Oriented (SOA), Single Page Application (SPA) web architectures
- years of .NET and C# programming
- years of management and lead experience at Microsoft Corp. and other companies, including coordinating offshore teams.
- Application development, including six commercial Windows products to market release, five of them in lead positions.
Douglas has worked in a wide range of development environments, from the best software engineering companies in the world to dotcoms to garage startups. He has the maturity and experience to design, develop, coordinate, and lead a team from product conception to release.